Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Procrastination

We've all done it. Waited until the last moment to do something we should have done days, months, or even years ago. It's never fun when you have so much to in such a short amount of time. It seems like I've always been a procrastinator. It drives my parents crazy. I wait until the last possible moment to do homework, study for tests, and work on projects. It usually works for me. My excuse for procrastinating is that "I work better under pressure." Yeah, right. I just don't feel like doing things until I have to. But just recently, I learned the hard way that procrastination does not always work. I have an AP Psychology project to finish that I should have started months ago. I started it 2 weeks ago. To finish, I've been having to work on it sometimes more than 9 hours a day to be able to finish on time. Yes, 9 hours. I carry my book and laptop with me wherever I go to work on it whenever I have free time. In the morning, during lunch, and after school all the way up until I go to bed. It has been extremely stressful. I can't do anything else but work on this stupid project. I shouldn't even be writing this blog entry. The only times I come out of my room are for school and to eat. I never get a break. Also, I have the ACT test next week as well as finals in all of my classes the week after. Yikes. I could not be any more over my head. I'm drowning in all the work I have to do. The after-effects of putting things off until the last second have hit me and I can't do it anymore. I am now officially retiring from my position as the queen of procrastination. My advice to anyone who has always been a procrastinator like me: Do. Not. Put. It. Off. Seriously. It's going to get you one day. And you won't be able to handle it. Laugh now, but when you have a moment like the one I'm in right now, you'll know what I'm talking about. Don't wait until it's too late. If you get an assignment: please start working on it early. Do a little everyday, it's a lot better than spending hours on it the night before it's due. It takes away a lot of stress in life if you finish things early. There isn't a better feeling than when you are done with everything you have to do and you just get to relax. Well, I should probably go work on my project so I'll leave you with this: Please just do what you have to do, now. If you don't, you'll have a lot of regret coming your way later.

No comments:

Post a Comment